The Cabinet of St. Kitts has approved a number of amendments in the St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship requirements which were introduced by the Citizenship by Investment Programme. The changes approved by the Cabinet are as follows:
- The age of the dependent children, previously 25 years, has now been raised to 30 years under one family application. Dependents are the children living with their parent and are fully supported by them (for instance, children in a tertiary institution, full time education, disabled, etc.)
- The age limit of a dependent parent who can be incorporated under one applicant has been lowered from 65 to 55 years making it more flexible for the family.
- The dependent children who are below 16 years of age and are born after the St. Kitts Investment Citizenship has been granted will also be eligible for the citizenship.
Certain amendments have also been made with respect to the investment amount under the Sugar Industry Diversification Fund (SIDF). A new simplified system has now been introduced while disregarding the previous family investment tiers based on the number of dependents.
- Individual applicants make a donation of USD 250,000 to the SIDF.
- Applicants with a maximum of three dependents can donate USD 300,000 to the SIDF under a single application.
- The additional investment for each additional dependent after the first 3, regardless of age, is now only USD 25,000.
The initial investment required by the St. Kitts Investment Citizenship, in terms of real-estate, is €400,000 plus certain additional costs and. The St. Kitts investment will also permit investors and their family members’ citizenship within a time period of 3- 4 months. If you get hold of a St Kitts Passport, you will be able to travel throughout several St. Kitts and Nevis passport visa free countries, including the Schengen zone, UK and Canada.
One of the most prevalent real estate investments projects in St Kitts has been its 5* Hotel Resort. Investors can expect to experience the luxurious indulgence of the premium quality hotel apartments. These apartments also provide an exquisite view across the crystal clear Caribbean Sea.
These recent amendments in the Citizenship Investment Programme indicate that more applicants can apply for St. Kitts and Nevis with their families and pursue for a permanent resident. For consultancy, contact one of the Best Immigration Consultants i.e. Lalani & Associates through the website: www.lalaniassociates.com.pk.